• Built in 1935
• Totally remodeled/expanded in 2008
• 7868 sq. ft.
• 9 bedrooms and 8½ baths
• 22285 sq. ft. lot
Stephen B. Barnes had the distinct honor of being licensed as the first Structural Engineer for the State of California. In 1935 he chose to build his home on prestigious Toluca Estates Dr. in Toluca Lake. Today his study remains virtually intact, with original blueprints in the cedar closet, along with his original pencil sharpener! At one time Arthur Ashe used to play on the tennis court in the yard! Today the lushly landscaped grounds include a sports court, salt water pool, spa, outdoor kitchen, fireplace, and large patio area. Just off of the pool is a Cabana/Pool room with bath. (Could be a sunny office or a maid’s room)
In 2008 this Colonial style estate property was expanded and totally remodeled, blending its original detail and character with all of the amenities one would expect from a home of this caliber:
• Master suite including sitting area, fireplace and two walk-in closets
• Master bath has Jacuzzi tub, separate water closet with TV and steam shower, and remote controlled blinds
• Gym with separate bath plus sink and refrigerator. Mirrored wall with built in T.V. (Could be an office or an extra bedroom.)
• Full attic with tremendous storage space.
• Large wood paneled office upstairs with fireplace and lots of cabinet storage. Could also be a theatre or screening room.
• 3 car garage
• Refrigerated wine cellar in basement
• 6 fireplaces
• Kitchen equipped with a Wolf duel range, 2 Bosch dishwashers, Wolf microwave, Wolf warming drawer, Sub-zero refrigerator and separate wine cooler.
• Walk in pantry, with another room that has more storage cabinets, a built in coffee maker and a Miele steam oven.
• Fully wired with a Creston system (Network hub which include climate and lighting control, security and audio system throughout the house)
• Built in vacuum system
• Slate Roof